What is Vaastu Shastra?
Vastu Shastra is the science of direction that blends all the 5 elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space) of nature and properly balances them for the benefit of mankind. The use of Vastu Shastra has been prevalent in India since ancient times for the construction of homes, temples and towns.
Vastu Shastra primarily deals with the study of influence of different energies that come from the atmosphere such lunar, solar, wind, thermal, magnetic, light and cosmic energy to enhance peace, success and prosperity for the mankind. It is an age old belief in India that Vastu Shastra for Home if followed by a house owner while building a house would help the inmates to enjoy all the luxuries and happiness in life.
Is Vaastu Shastra a Science or Religion?
Vaastu Shastra is like any other science and not a religion. Vaastu Shastra is one of the most practical, rational, universal and useful science which if applied aims to create a fine, harmonious and conducive environment in a building or structure by helping us to bring out the best in ourselves thus paving the way for health, wealth and success. The only problem lies in locating a good Vastu Consultant. Dream Studio, the home interior designer in Pune who have been working in the field of interior decoration for many years are also reputed as one of the best Vastu Consultant in Pune.
Why to follow Vaastu Shastra while building a Home?
Vastu Shastra the ancient Indian as well as the most reliable Hindu method of Architecture in practice for centuries lays down the perfect guidelines required for construction of a suitable home such as the layout ,design, ground preparation including other varied other features. This does not mean that Vastu Shastra lays down rigid rules for construction or designs. On the contrary it suggests and describes the best optimum layouts and suspensions which if followed by an owner would help attain greater success in all aspects of life.
Following are some useful tips that one can apply while constructing a new house to lead a healthy and successful life:
- Try to build a house with the living room in the North or North east part with an east facing entrance. The living room is the first and foremost place that attracts someone the moment he or she enters the house, hence designing the same using Vaastu principle helps to not only foster relationship but even to exude positivity.
- Always ensure that the entrance door opens inside so as to allow positive vibes to enter the house.
- Try having the Pooja room or Mandir in the North east direction. The person praying should be facing the east direction.
- Try to have bright colour scheme for the living room as brightness in the living room would help to increase the positivity and vibrations in the house. Preferably paint the walls of the living room with light colours such as cream or yellow.
- Ensure that adequate natural light enters the house as it would help create a pleasant mood.
- Place aquarium or fountain in the north of the living room.
- Try to place natural plants inside the living room as it will not only purify the house but even purify the aura around the house. Preferably place Tulsi or other flowering plants and avoid keeping cactus or bonsai plants inside the house as they tend to have a negative influence on one’s career and finances and are considered inauspicious. Similarly avoid keeping dried flowers at home as they are said to attract misfortune.
By applying the above Vaastu Shastra tips while constructing a house, you can achieve health, wealth and prosperity not only for yourself but also for your family members.